CORTEK is seeking a Chemist II
for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office. With the threat of transnational terrorism and ongoing development of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by nations potentially hostile to the U.S., DHS has taken steps to integrate the full range of its radiological/nuclear, chemical, and biological threat detection programs. As the focal point for this effort, DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) requires consulting and program management support that can reinforce and better enable a more dynamic and operationally-focused DHS strategy. Within CWMD, the National Biosurveillance Integration Center (NBIC) is responsible for early detection and situational awareness of biological and chemical events anywhere around the world.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with a cross-Directorate team to identify gaps and develop solutions to address detection and interdiction of chemicals, including chemical warfare agents.
- Interpret chemical research as it pertains to developing detection solutions.
- Understand and explain chemical processes to non-experts.
- Provide the following outreach and coordination services with the DHS operational components and CWMD directorates to support requirements generation.
- Support the staffing of regular meetings.
- Synchronize efforts with program managers from other CWMD directorates.
- Facilitate the collaborative development of synchronized requirements for various diverse stakeholders.
- Report on specific findings and conclusions and assist in the development of information briefs that convey content to internal and external stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Attend program reviews, technical meetings, workshops, conferences, site visits, field tests, as directed by the Requirements Branch.
- Carry out collaborative processes to engage with the interagency
What you’ll get!
- Active Secret clearance.
- Ability to obtain DHS suitability.
- Minimum of MS in Chemistry or related science.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Chemistry or related field.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.