CORTEK is seeking a Management Analyst
for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office. With the threat of transnational terrorism and ongoing development of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) by nations potentially hostile to the U.S., DHS has taken steps to integrate the full range of its radiological/nuclear, chemical, and biological threat detection programs. As the focal point for this effort, DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) requires consulting and program management support that can reinforce and better enable a more dynamic and operationally focused DHS strategy.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides technical and managerial direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development, and implementation for complex to extremely complex systems in the homeland security area.
- Performs the functions of an expert in the relevant Chemical Defense field in support of major programs or system development.
- Applies expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements in the subject-matter area for complex systems.
- Works independently or leads a project team in the development and delivery of guidance documents, exercises, and training in support of program objectives.
- Leads the development of a variety of analytic decision support products that meet National decisionmakers’ and stakeholders’ requirements.
- More broadly, performs the functions of an expert in execution of Chemical Defense projects.
- Applies scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, performing analysis, and developing plans and requirements for further analysis.
- Coordinates and manages the preparation of analysis, evaluations, and recommendations within Chemical Defense projects in support of federal personnel.
- Provides technical expertise and analysis in the mission space related to chemical threats and CBRN incidents.
- Supports CWMD/Chemical Defense in developing reports, analyses and other internal and external-facing products in support of the aforementioned tasks.
What you’ll get!
- Active Secret clearance required
- Ability to obtain DHS suitability
- Bachelor’s degree in direct or related fields of national security, emergency management, environmental health, or similar.
- 2-3 years of experience in the fields of national security, emergency management, public health disaster management, chemical defense, or similar areas.
- State and/or local first responder experience highly preferred.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.