The AppDynamics Engineer will operate on the team responsible for delivery of Application Performance Management and Monitoring Tools. Among the team’s functions are AppDynamics product engineering and customizations to meet security requirements and enhance automation; design of deployment architecture that is scalable; resilient; and cost-effective; provide DevOps personnel with guidelines and best practices for usage; promote usage of AppDynamics during the development lifecycle phase; optimize use of AppDynamics across platforms and service delivery models. Focus on AppDynamics toolsets for proactive monitoring of multi-tier applications and end user experience.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Engineer solutions and establish standards for AppDynamics functional components and specifically agent deployments, including optimizations and application tuning and instrumentation per requirements.
- Adopt AppDynamics for usage on-premise with familiarity of Cloud IaaS and PaaS models.
- Devise an authentication and authorization model for AppDynamics within standard Client security framework. Develop customizations as needed.
- Architect a highly available and scalable Controller infrastructure with appropriate monitoring and alerting mechanisms.
- Seek opportunities through scripting automated deployments to reduce operational tasks.
- Seek opportunities for integration of AppDynamics with other monitoring tools in the Client portfolio.
- Test and implement AppDynamics Monitoring Extensions appropriate for Client’s technology stack (e.g. Webservers; Messaging Tiers; database connections; infrastructure monitoring, etc.).
- Test and implement AppDynamics Database Agents.
- Test and implement AppDynamics End User Experience Monitoring.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Minimum 6 years of relative work experience.
- Strong AppDynamics product knowledge, internals, and product REST API.
- Extensive industry experience in deploying AppDynamics for mission critical applications.
- Working experience in monitoring and performance tools.
- Strong technical skill sets in PowerShell, Java and Linux shell scripting.
- Exposure to full application lifecycle development including coding; testing; deployment; and post-implementation activities.
- Ability to develop AppDynamics Monitoring Extensions.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
What you’ll get!
- Experience with AppDynamics integrations with PeopleSoft, .Net and Java.
- Experience as a developer in Java, .Net, or similar coding languages.
- Exposure to Cloud environments such as Azure.
- Exposure to authentication and entitlement management with LDAP or SAML.
- Exposure to Middleware components such as Webserver, AppServer, Messaging, Integration.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately - vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.