As a Senior Database Administrator
, you will provide enterprise level Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MSSQL sustainment and maintenance support to programs in the AWS GovCloud on various platforms for the United States Army’s Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command (SDDC). The Senior-Level Database Administrator must provide support to data analysis and engineering effort for new data requirements.
- Provide database and operating system assistance to application teams in application sustainment.
- Provide proactive monitoring on the operating systems and databases on all SDDC hosted systems.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the SDDC, USTC and IA/Cyber Program Manager Offices (PMO) to maintain compliance with the current governance for the certification and accreditation process to help them maintain their Authority to Operate (ATO) and Interim Authority to Operate (IATO).
- Facilitate meetings with government application PMs and their POCs in the development and maintenance of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Service Level Agreements shall include, but are not limited to application technical and software requirements and architecture; release and change control processes; points of contact including roles and responsibilities; escalation procedures; Mission Assurance Category (MAC) level; and application recovery procedures.
- Provide an agenda prior to the meeting and minutes after the meeting.
- Produce and update SLA, as required, for all CE hosted systems.
- Perform a lead role in an Enterprise Configuration Change Control board, recommending and implementing technically and fiscally responsible solutions supporting automated systems.
- Perform Backup/Restore/Recovery of databases.
- Design, implement and sustain data failover from production environment to recovery environments.
- Ensure software planned maintenance actions planned as part of a scheduled maintenance ASI are completed within the ASI allotted time.
- Implement system changes as necessitated by the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management Program.
- Identify risks, and provide mitigation plan of action, configuration of databases in accordance with DISA STIG settings.
- Acquire and apply quarterly Oracle software patches, perform database upgrades.
Key Skill and Abilities:
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field, or equivalent experience in lieu of education
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant database administration experience
- Current DoD 8570 IAT-II compliant certification (CISSP, Security+ CE, SSCP, GSEC, GICSP, CySA+) or higher
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (required within first 6-months of hire): OCA, OCP, MCSA, or similar.
- Database & Application security.
- Database backup and recovery, (RMAN and traditional).
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Database version 220.127.116.11 and above
What you’ll get!
- Experience with cloud services AWS and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Unix Systems Administration (RHEL).
- Oracle database, Oracle RMAN, Oracle Weblogic Server.
- Knowledge and implementation of DISA STIGs.
- SSL/TLS (Java KeyStore/Oracle Wallet).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.