We are seeking a Data Security Specialist III to plan and execute the protection of information found on company computers and data networks, utilizing understanding of computer and network security, including firewall administration, encryption technologies, and network protocols for the Department of Interior, Bureau of Reclamation's (BOR) IT enterprise.
- Plans and executes the protection of information found on company computers and data networks, utilizing understanding of computer and network security, including firewall administration, encryption technologies, and network protocols.
- Designs, develops and implements security plans depending on the company’s needs and current threats.
- Installs, uninstalls, updates, and maintains various security programs that protect sensitive data using firewalls and data-encryption technology
What you’ll get!
- Associate’s degree
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust.
- Nine (9) years’ experience with hands on experience in the arena of Security Design, Implementation, documentation, and Support – especially firewalls, intrusion prevention system.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.