We are seeking a Systems Administrator II to support our project at the Department of Interior, Bureau of Reclamation's (BOR) IT enterprise.
Job Responsibilities :
- Troubleshoot, correlate and correct high systems degradation and/or stoppages on virtual and clustered server environments related to hardware performance
- Perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
- Provide guidance and direction to government, senior level technicians, and managers.
- Administers, develops, runs tests on, implements, and maintains operating system and related software.
- Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
- Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system, and networking problems. Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries. Responsibilities differ from those of an Operating Systems Programmer in that the Systems Administrator is not responsible for altering operating system’s software codes.
What you’ll get!
- Bachelor Degree or additional experience in lieu of degree
- A minimum 5 years experience
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.