As the Engineering Manager, you will manage, coordinate, and establish priorities in support of the Department of Interior, Bureau of Reclamation's (BOR) IT enterprise. This role requires an individual to provide leadership to the Engineering team. Engineering Manager will be the primary driver of capacity planning for the Engineering departments and provide adequate staff to meet the needs of the organization; this role also provides leadership and technical direction, provide input into strategy and development, develop strong relationships with customers and industry partners and will advise leadership on all relevant aspects of technical input.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manages and oversees the design and development of software applications.
- Ensures that project milestones are met and adhere to budget.
- Directs the work of engineers to ensure the best practices around software development, manages day-day performance.
- Partner with customer and cross-functional team members to develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence
- Deliver multiple complex technical projects in an agile environment
What you’ll get!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4 years’ experience in software development life cycle including requirements gathering, designing, implementing, testing and product support.
- Successfully completed large scale IT projects within private and Federal Government sectors
- Eligible for Public Trust
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.