We are looking for experienced Support Associates to support the Special Issuance Passport Agency. The ideal candidates should possess excellent communication skills, have experience in working with customers in a front facing capacity, and have the ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
Operates various office equipment and machinery in the preparation, processing, and mailing of passports and passport related documents. Utilizes the current Travel Document Issuance System (TDIS) to include document preparation, creation of document batches, document imaging (scanning) and reviewing, retrieval of individual application information, data entry, book printing, the generation of mailing labels, and sorting and affixing postage to sealed envelopes. Must be able to perform quality checks for standard fee information on individual applications. Ability to follow pre-set pattern for document sequencing. Insert and retrieve application packages from file cabinets. May involve performing cashiering duties on occasion.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- At the Information station, ensure appointment is scheduled; review Passport application, photograph, identification and supporting documentation for completeness prior to adjudication. Ensure the application and documents complies with passport requirements, photograph meets passport standards, and customer is provided fee information. Copy customer identification. At the will call station, distribute passports to the correct applicant, comparing customer to passport image or accepting proper documents and identification for third party pick up.
- Interface with Passport applicants at Agency/Center information and will-call counters.
- Operate various equipment for high speed scanning, image review, book print, quality control, mail out and metering mail
- Review passport product against data system information for completeness and accuracy constantly applying laws, regulations and procedures pertaining to the issuance of a U.S. Passport
- Use TDIS and determine quality and correctness of prepared Passports, maintain issued applications in an orderly and traceable fashion, ensure Passport chips are activated, accurately scan images into DOS data systems
- Perform searches as requested for customer applications and use troubleshooting skills in connection with information given by the TDIS inquiry screens; contact customers by phone for verification of mailing address and/or data information
- Prepare Informational Request Letters (IRLs) both electronic and written, Prepare Final Notice letters, generate correspondence to resolve application discrepancies, including: Return to Sender (RTS), Rewrites and Re-issues, and re-batch into the system.
- Prepare application for issuance of a non-receipt of a Passport and corrections of the issued Passport, contact applicants to request necessary documents.
- Process refund/reimbursement requests, generate a credit card payment from the applicant and distributing completed batches to the cashier’s office. Verify all completed transactions and run designated reports.
- Troubleshoot information retrieved from the computer screen and manually searching to locate applications and documents within the Passport process. Update text in appropriate TDIS screen.
- Participate in customer service outreach activities including, but not limited to: naturalization ceremonies, travel shows, college and university events
- Assist with acceptance agent training: prepare training materials, conduct “meet-and- greets,” set-up training sessions, conduct office tours, etc.
- Photocopy materials as needed and coordinate preparation of training packets for acceptance agent seminars. Assist CSM with passport acceptance facility certification and update corresponding acceptance facility databases
- Assist CSM in maintaining and cataloging electronic records of passport acceptance facilities
- Prepare and mail Certificates of Attendance for those acceptance agents who attend DOS training classes
- Distribute newsletters and any other correspondence to staff
- HS diploma or GED
- Secret Clearance, Interim Secret required to start
- Three (3) years of general office experience
- Two (2) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Ability to effectively and politely interface with the public
- Strong data entry skills, and file retrieval skills
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis
- Must maintain constant awareness of all aspects of internal and external security
- (Preferred) A basic knowledge of the current Travel Document Issuance System (TDIS) computer system, ability to determine quality and correctness of prepared Passports and maintain issued applications in an orderly and traceable fashion
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.