CORTEK, a DecisionPoint company, is seeking a DevOps Engineer
to provide software design and management services in support of the Department of State, Bureau of Global Talent Management's Integrated Personnel Management System (IPMS). You will provide hands-on support throughout all phases of software deployment to ensure HR applications and databases will enable their users to meet their mission goals and objectives. These efforts include all phases of the GTM including the full range of software design, development, implementation and integration, including, but not limited to, requirements definition and analysis, systems design and development, coding and testing, preparation for deployment, data conversion, and integration. The successful candidate will have experience with the migration of on-premises applications to the Microsoft Azure Cloud to include application analysis, requirements gathering, design, migration tactics/strategies, and implementation activities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Developing, creating, and modifying general computer applications software or specialized utility programs.
- Analyzing user needs and develop software solutions.
- Evaluating of existing systems and recommending upgrades.
- Designing, developing, and/or customizing software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Will analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Preparing contingency plans and participate in system integration, and/or general documentation or deployment plans, as needed.
- May supervise or provide mentorship to other software developers.
- It is desired that they also have practical experience in agile development environments.
- may also lead more junior team members with assistance from the Project Manager
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Active interim Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain a final Secret clearance
- Active Microsoft Azure or Azure DevOps certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field, with at least six (6) years of overall experience
- Eight (8) years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- Five (5) or more years of design and development experience as DevOps engineer in Microsoft Azure to architect and lead the implementation of continuous development and delivery processes
- Three (3) or more years of experience with Microsoft Azure
- At least one (1) year implementing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in Azure
- Three (3) or more years of experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Prior experience with .Net
- Prior experience with Angular
- Prior experience with Oracle
- Prior experience with Sql Server
- Must be capable of working independently to determine requirements, performing technical design, coding, testing, implementation, and support of custom web applications
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.