As the Service Manager,
you will support and coordinate the activities of all Help Desk personnel engage in providing end-user support for the Department of Interior, Bureau of Reclamation's (BOR) IT enterprise. This role is part of an ongoing proposal effort, with work projected to start in October 2020.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides direct support for all help desk representatives engage in assisting computer users with hardware and software questions and problems, fielding telephone calls and email messages from customers seeking guidance on technical problems, diagnosing nature of problems, and assisting customers through problem solving steps
- Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves information systems problems to minimize down time of applications and personnel
- Making recommendations to improve, optimize, standardize, and streamline customer support process to maximize customer satisfaction, as well as reduce costs
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with seven (7) or more years of relevant experience
- Must possess and maintain ITIL v3 Foundation and ITIL v3 Service Operations certifications, or higher
- Eligible for Public Trust
- Related technical and managerial experience in an end-to-end service desk and desk side service delivery environment in a leadership capacity
- Demonstrated experience and proven success implementing changes, processes, and standards to improve an enterprise-wide service
- Previous experience providing performance-based customer service support against multiple performance metrics for the Federal Government.
- Demonstrated in-depth experience with the implementation and customization of service desk tools and automation technologies.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.