As a Senior Infrastructure Services Engineer, you will provide hands-on engineering and design support for the Windows-based environment in this high-visibility, customer-facing role. Our Senior Infrastructure services engineer will work alongside our team of 10, in their continued delivery of custom solutions and O&M support for the Department of State's Office of the Inspector General based out of the Rosslyn Metro Center (Arlington, VA).
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinates efforts onsite with and reports results to the COR.
- Configures for the Windows Platform; servers and local storage; file and share access; print and document services; servers for remote management; and IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Manages and maintains virtualized server environment on Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware
- Deploys and configures DHCP and DNS services
- Installs domain controllers
- Creates and manages Active Directory users and computers, OUs, GPOs
- Configures application restriction policies and Windows Firewall
- Deploys and manages server images
- Implements patch management
- Configures Distributed File System (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), file and disk encryption, advanced audit policies
- Plans network infrastructures services, highly available network services, server virtualization infrastructure, identity and access solutions
- Configures System Center components, portals, dashboards, storage fabric and network fabric
- Configures and manages the deployment and updating servers
- Monitors network devices, servers, virtualization, application health
- Implements automation and service offerings
- Manages compliance, configuration, and updates
- Implements backup and recovery
- Configures cloud integration including public and private clouds.
- Develops/maintains systems configurations and executes administration and operational duties on computer systems while maintaining data/information as required.
- Analyzes, evaluates and tests software and hardware to provide issue/problem resolution.
- Installs, configures and maintains commercial off-the-shelf products. Regularly prepares activity and progress reports regarding support activities.
- Acts as a systems resource for all users.
- Assists with the installation, planning and security of computer facilities and organizes training as required and appropriate
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Secret security clearance
- Seven (7) or more years of hands-on Windows engineering experience
- Knowledge of SQL Server and MySQL databases, knowledge of relevant web services, backup, and application monitoring
- Experience with ITIL, CMMI, and/or PMP processes and implementation
- Microsoft MCSE and MCSA certifications preferred
We offer competitive compensation, remote work options, and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.