DecisionPoint, and it’s wholly owned subsidiary CORTEK, is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of mission critical services for the federal government. We specialize in delivering intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes for:
- IT Service Management
- System Design Cloud Services and Cyber
- Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction and Anti-Terrorism
- Force Protection and Security Engineering
- DoD Mission Planning and Systems Modernization
- Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Health Informatics
- Science and Technical Services
We offer competitive compensation, remote work options, and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
As VP of Business Development
at DecisionPoint/CORTEK, you will identify, qualify, and secure new contracts across our multiple Centers of Excellence and of a broad set of federal agencies, leading the capture of new business awards through developing teams and solutions responsive to the customer needs by leveraging superior intelligence on existing work, teaming with the right partners, and proposing innovative and compelling solutions to meet customer requirements. You will also capitalize on the company’s established range of service offerings for Federal customers, all delivered via industry best practices and processes. The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing a pipeline to include new opportunities within the Federal Civilian and Defense market, and have demonstrated success in gaining awards, and growing revenue, focused on multiple opportunities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop strategies (i.e. win themes, management solution, technical solution, teaming, pricing), coordinate corporate resources, build teams of subcontractors, assess competition, present decision gate briefings to executive management, manage bid and proposal funding from the decision to bid to the post submission phase of an opportunity.
- Coordinate with proposal development, contracts, pricing, and oversee bid completions.
- Collaborate with executive leadership, account managers, and technical groups to coordinate business development activities
- Use his/her established network in Federal agencies to actively meet with potential clients, identify new business opportunities, and serve as Capture Manager for identified strategic pursuits
- Actively contribute and command a winning proposal process, interacting closely with internal service centers including proposal operations, pricing and contracts, as well as other organizations
- Participate in special projects as required.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, or a related field with at least seven (7) years of Government IT and Professional Services related experience
- Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Have a proven Track record capturing large opportunities in the SBSA, SDVOSB and HUBZone markets, as well as GWACs/IDIQs vehicles
- Demonstrated record of federal agency client stewardship and capture/business development accomplishments
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Proven skills in all areas of capture, including assessing win probability and value for opportunity targets, capture strategy and planning, building winning teams and solutions, pricing to win, and capture process schedule adherence
- Experience in business development activities associated with identification, qualification, full capture and bid activities, and the knowledge to transition new business opportunities into operations
- Experience in proposal pricing methodologies and strategies
- Experience in managing and contributing to winning proposal content
- Sound business ethics
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Experience with business development tools and resources such as GovWin or similar is preferred
- Capability to work as a collaborative team leader, as well as work within a team as a contributor
- A proficiency in the MS Office Suite and possess excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.