CORTEK is seeking a Biological Scientist II
for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with a cross-Directorate and interagency team to identify gaps and develop solutions to address detection and interdiction of disease-causing organisms.
- Interpret microbiological research as it pertains to developing detection solutions.
- Understand and explain biological processes to non-experts. Develop and maintain a capability baseline against which to measure capability gaps.
- Facilitate the collaborative development of synchronized requirements for various diverse stakeholders
- Report on specific findings and conclusions and assist in the development of information briefs that convey content to internal and external stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Attend program reviews, technical meetings, workshops, conferences, site visits, field tests, as directed by the Requirements Branch
- Carry out collaborative processes to engage with the interagency
- Support additional studies and analysis as directed
- Active Secret clearance
- Candidates must be able to obtain DHS Suitability Check
- Master’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, or a biological science field, with eight (8) or more years of relevant experience
What you’ll get!
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.