CORTEK is seeking an Engineer I
for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Understanding of the need to integrate, consolidate, and structure data for analytical use and ability to leverage logical data models to support data source mappings.
- Ability to manage data usage agreements, data models and systems diagram, and reference documentation.
- Shepherding data usage agreements and networking change requests through appropriate approval authorities.
- Leveraging strong written and verbal communication skills to act as a liaison between dozens of Army systems.
- Preparing data for analytical and /or operational uses, including tracking data refresh status and understanding data quality.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and modern office space.
- Python, SQL, and R proficiency a plus.
- Have knowledge of multiple databases and associated schemas and experience with structured and unstructured data and various data visualization technologies.
- Familiarity with Palantir’s Foundry platform a plus.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Active Secret
- Ability to obtain DHS Suitability
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, with three (3) or more years of experience in systems engineering or related work
What you’ll get!
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to influence and align others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Innovative problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Previous experience with data analytics strongly preferred
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.