CORTEK is seeking a Journeyman Engineer II
for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist in various systems engineering processes to establish requirements of networked detection systems.
- Work with Project Manager to develop project documentation requirements and schedules.
- Assist with development, fielding, and sustaining equipment.
- Conduct systems engineering tasks in support of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) systems.
- Supervise and guide junior engineers.
- Provide outreach and coordination services with the DHS operational components and CWMD directorates to support requirements generation.
- Facilitate the collaborative development of synchronized requirements for various diverse stakeholders.
- Deliver any and/or all draft and final proposed requirements related products under this contract.
- Identify and resolve issues between stakeholders.
- Report on specific findings and conclusions and assist in the development of information briefs that convey content to internal and external stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Prepare mission area and program progress/status reports, briefing charts, and related materials as required.
- Attend program reviews, technical meetings, workshops, conferences, site visits, field tests, as directed by the Requirements Branch.
- Support additional studies and analysis as directed.
- Carry out collaborative processes to engage with the interagency.
- Utilize Microsoft Project to support project plans.
- Utilize Earned Value Management techniques to support program assessment.
- Develop Requirements Generation Products (Capability Analysis Study Plan, Capability Analysis Report, Non-Material Change Recommendation, Mission Need Statement, Concept of Operations, Operational Requirements Document)
What you’ll get!
- Active Secret clearance
- Candidates must be able to obtain DHS Suitability Check
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in an engineering discipline with five (5) years of experience in systems engineering or a related field
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.