CORTEK is seeking a Radiation Safety Officer II
for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervise and administer a Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) license, including special nuclear materials (SNM).
- Certify, ship, and receive Class VII (radioactive materials) packages.
- Establish, maintain, and improve a radiation safety program in support of Homeland Security requirements.
- Write and update standard operating procedures in support of the safe use of radioactive material.
- Supervise a personnel dosimetry program.
- Demonstrate compliance with all OSHA, DOT, NRC, and other regulatory requirements pertaining to the safe use of radioactive material.
- Supervise the use of radiation detection equipment.
- Coordinate radioactive materials use with DHS components, Federal, State, and Local agencies in support of CWMD Office requirements.
- Identify and comply with any State requirements pertaining to the safe use of radioactive materials in their jurisdictions, as needed.
- Supervise personnel supporting the CWMD Office Radiation Safety Program.
What you’ll get!
- Active TS/ SCI clearance
- Candidates must be able to obtain a DHS Suitability Check
- Master’s degree in Health Physics or a related field, with eight (8) or more years of experience in radiation safety related work
- A Certified Health Physicist (CHP) certification may be substituted for three (3) years of experience
- Must be qualified to be named a Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)-licensed Radiation Safety Officer (RSO)
- Must be qualified to certify shipments of Class VII (radioactive) hazardous materials
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.