CORTEK is seeking a Technical Writer II
for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with Requirements Team using Desktop Publishing or similar type software; prepare technical reports and related documents; experience with systems engineering, technical programs, analysis, and familiarity with systems architectures, and CBRN detection systems.
- Develop and draft senior level presentations; complete technical writing and reviews of systems engineering deliverables and products.
What you’ll get!
- Active Secret Clearance
- Candidates must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- Bachelor’s degree with three (3) or more years of experience as a technical writer
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.