CORTEK is seeking a GIS Analyst II
for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Accurately display complex intelligence in visual/geospatial forms in briefings, reports, and presentations using ArcGIS or similar tools
- Identify specific data feeds and information sources that may pertain to threat, allied, and U.S events and provide additional Geo-Spatial situational awareness. Information identified within the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet) and Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS), will be leveraged and revised, if needed, to aid in the development of Geo-Spatial products.
- Perform geospatial transformations and analysis, to include application of buffers, spatial clipping, development of overlays, visibility/views of analysis, and routing.
- Assign proper classification markings to image and map products
- Perform spatial/temporal analysis.
- Identify gaps in imagery coverage and collaborate with DHS Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) Open Source Enterprise (OSE), National Geospatial Agency (NGA), or other groups as appropriate to acquire additional coverage layers, to acquire new collection, or to re-exploit older imagery.
- Develop the results of the analysis above into finished intelligence products at both Top Secret/SCI and Secret level, with evidence and judgments clearly delineated in accordance with Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 203, sources annotated in accordance with ICD 206, and all portions marked in accordance with current National Archives Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO) and DNI Controlled Access Program Coordination Office (CAPCO) guidance.
- Coordinate, manages, administers, and develop the Geographic Information Systems.
- Develop various types of GIS maps and related data sets.
- Design and implement GIS analytical procedures.
- Perform analysis and maintenance of GIS systems.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Candidates must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, geographical information systems, anthropology, or a graduate GIS certificate.
- Five years of experience performing analysis and maintenance of GIS systems
What you’ll get!
- Proficiency in GIS analysis and data modeling and demonstrates and maintains proficiency with current and developing technologies and software related to geographic analysis.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.