CORTEK is seeking a Jurisdictional Coordinator I
for the DHS Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office to provide administrative, programmatic, training and exercise, medical operations, and information coordination services to Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Operations Support Directorate (OSD) in order to enhance the nation’s abilities to prevent terrorists and other threat actors from using weapons of mass destruction and support operational partners in closing capability gaps along adversary pathways.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop, expand, and/or maintain partnerships within the jurisdiction, to include federal, state, and local partners (e.g., DHS Protective Security Advisors, FBI WMD Coordinators, DHHS/ASPR Regional Emergency Coordinators, EPA Regional Offices).
- Provide jurisdictional information, support, and response to Biodetection Program inquiries.
- Identify information sharing needs of the jurisdiction and coordinate with the Biodetection Program Office to make it available.
- Share jurisdictional best practices and lessons learned with the Government and other jurisdictional coordinators.
- Facilitate local Biodetection meetings to ensure accurate and adequate information flows between strategic and tactical aspects of the Biodetection Program.
- Report updates on significant jurisdictional activities to the Biodetection Program Office on a bi- weekly basis.
- Report any Biodetection incidents to the Biodetection Program Office within 24 hours of occurrence, including, but not limited to, system discrepancies and theft or loss of Biodetection- related equipment.
- Provide communications, planning, management, and consultation to local, state, and federal staff, including laboratorians, epidemiologists, air quality technicians, emergency managers, emergency preparedness planners, and communicable disease and environmental health programs.
- Serve as primary liaison for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to the jurisdiction(s) for program management, planning, portal, and training and exercise activities.
What you’ll get!
- Active Secret
- Candidates must be able to obtain DHS Suitability Check
- Master’s degree in public health, environmental health, emergency management or a related field with two (2) years of relevant experience working in a local, state, or federal public health or emergency management setting OR
- Bachelor’s degree with five (5) years of relevant experience
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.