CORTEK, a DecisionPoint company, is seeking a Tier II Client Service Technician
to provide HQ AETC Information Technology Services support. The successful candidate will provide timely, proactive, high quality communications and computer services to each unit/directorate. The contractor shall be responsible for Tier II client support to include touch maintenance of user devices, initial problem triage and trouble ticket management.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and quickly ramp up to speed and be able to work independently with limited guidance.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide remote and desktop support and field technician support for desktops, portables, peripherals, and software
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Office, Outlook, Win7, and Win10 Office Communicator/Lync 2013
- Check system for authorized access to specific networks
- Complete hardware implementation/installations
- Troubleshooting software installs and issues
- Reset passwords, creating accounts
- Provide user support for the network and desktop hardware and software problems
- Diagnose problems, and recommend and/or implement solutions
- Create email accounts, change status in Active Directory
- Support multiple U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) networks at different classifications
- Support video teleconference (VTC) setup, operation, and scheduling
- Document problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Active secret security clearance.
- (2) years minimum experience with Information Technology.
- More than one (1+) years of experience with Windows 10 required.
- More than one (1+) years of experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements (e.g. IAT II Sec+ ce certification and Computing Environment [WIN7, WIN10, CCNA, etc.] certification).
- Experience working in a DoD client services environment
- ITIL v3 certification
We offer competitive compensation, remote work options, and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in both a professional office environment and a field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers/photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines as well as military equipment. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The physical work requires the following physical activities: walking, bending, carrying loads, demonstrating the use of military equipment, reaching, sifting, lifting, hand dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.