CORTEK, a DecisionPoint company, is seeking a Senior IT Systems Engineer
to support the Project Manager Terrestrial Sensors (PM TS), Product Manager (PM) Force Protection System (FPS), Automated Installation Entry (AIE) defense business system acquisition program. PM FPS develops, fields, and sustains force protection and physical security capabilities, enabling rapid situational understanding and integrated operations for United States (US) Warfighters in the US Central Command (CENTCOM), Pacific Command (PACOM), Africa Command (AFRICOM), European Command (EUCOM) Areas of Responsibility (AORs) and other locations as required.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage and monitor all infrastructure and system installations, including system design, configurations, hardware/software testing, and maintenance.
- Develop and manage Engineering Change Proposals from initiation, through Change Control Board (CCB) processes, to ECP completion. Manage associated documentation for version control.
- Advise on and resolve engineering related issues, as the Engineering Subject Matter Expert.
- Initiate and manage Failure Analysis & Corrective Action Reports.
- Provide expertise and conduct technical assessments on performance and progress of program systems, potential new technologies, and alternatives/strategies and trade-offs to support user requirements.
- Provide expertise in the development of documents to include, but not limited to, Capabilities Development Documents, Technology Readiness Levels documentation for hardware and software, Engineering Change Proposals, Program Baselines, Engineering Risk Assessments, and Technical Manuals.
- Analyze system concepts, design, and interoperability, while providing input to, and analysis of, system architectures for current and future systems.
- Provide expertise in the development of Systems Engineering Plans, Test and Evaluation Master Plans, technical specifications, Interface Control Documents, and Acquisition Requirement Package (ARP) documentation.
- Initiate/track/manage all request waivers/extensions for system baseline.
- Provide technical support for execution of the Government Program Protection Plan (PPP) process.
- Identify potential program process issues and recommend integration of possible solutions.
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics and metrics for meaningful monitoring of progress.
- Engage with upper management regularly with reports on project status, activities, and achievements.
- Maintain awareness and advise senior leadership on latest internal and external Engineering related policy, processes, and trends.
- Coordinate, lead, attend, Engineering related meetings and conferences with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate with stakeholders to identify what they want a system to accomplish.
- Document the design, maintenance, and support procedures for routine tasks to leverage support staff.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Active DoD-issue Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineer, mechanical engineer, or a related field
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing.
- Occasional travel by auto or plane may be required
Working Environment & Conditions
- Knowledge of Installation network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of CHESS for software configuration control and validation of software releases.
- Familiar with DA Physical Security Program and applicable policies and regulations (Desired).
- Ability to create, read, modify Network diagrams and Network data flow diagrams (Desired).
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work on many different projects at one time.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.