CORTEK, a DecisionPoint company, is seeking a Systems Engineer
to support the Project Manager Sensors Aerial Intelligence, Product Manager (PdM) Electro-Optic / Infrared (EO/IR) Shadow and MX Sensor payloads. PdM EO/IR develops, fields, and sustains persistent surveillance systems that enhance intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, target acquisition capabilities. General duties include performing DoD 5000 lifecycle systems engineering for electro optic and infrared sensors on various manned and unmanned aerial platforms, as well as managing technical activities for development, test, and fielding of EO/IR payloads.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide system engineering support and advice for team integration on new and existing platforms, when required, at system level for cost/schedule/ performance impacts.
- Interface with all aspects of the team to resolve system engineering issues and actions, to include: tracking user requirements and their translation into system requirements and specifications; providing expertise and direction in the development or modification of new capabilities; providing system engineering support and advice for system integration on new platforms, when required; evaluating project initiatives, designs, and design changes at the system level for cost/schedule/performance impacts.
- Identify system requirements and work with other engineers and staff to oversee system design, development, integration, and product verification testing at the component and system level.
- Establish and maintain processes for configuration management of systems.
- Interface with host platform PMs and vendors to ensure requirements are met and expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Advocate for program performance that meets the requirements of PM SAI System Engineering policy requirements, recommending future direction or projects to management.
- Originate and deliver technical and program briefs to government and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Participate in the developing training programs for various sensor systems.
- Supports testing and test planning across the full range of the acquisition life cycle, providing subject matter expertise and technical support for proof of concept, developmental test, operational tests, and factory & acceptance tests.; gather documentation to support field exercises and coordinate with test ranges and support activities.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Active DoD-issue Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineer, mechanical engineer, or a related field
- Four (4) or more years of relevant work experience
- Must have demonstrated experience EO/IR technologies, either as an engineer or as an operator.
- Experience integrating sensors onto host platforms (preferably airborne) is desired.
- Test experience is desired.
- Understanding of DoD Acquisition and Life-Cycle Management policies and procedures is desired.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
We offer competitive compensation, remote work options, and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in both a professional office environment and a field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers/photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines as well as military equipment. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The physical work requires the following physical activities: walking, bending, carrying loads, demonstrating the use of military equipment, reaching, sifting, lifting, hand dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.