CORTEK, a DecisionPoint company, is seeking a Tier II Client Service Technician to provide HQ AETC Equipment Account Custodian support.
The successful candidate will assist the primary military/civilian personnel with associated Information Technology Account Management (ITAM) accounts.
The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and quickly ramp up to speed and be able to work independently with limited guidance.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assist the primary military/civilian personnel with associated Information Technology Account Management (ITAM) accounts
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all assigned Information Technology Equipment (ITE).
- Assist the military/civilian personnel that are assigned as primary in performing an annual (in coordination with the 502 Base Equipment Control Officer’s timeline) physical inventory of 100% of each directorates/units ITE items currently on each account listing
- Pick up, sign for, and secure all IT assets within 10 working days of arrival when IT assets arrive at the Base Equipment Control Office.
- Report all Found on Base (FOB) IT assets to the Base Equipment Control Office and unit Accountable Property Officer (APOs) IAW AFMAN17-1203 Information Technology Hardware Asset Management.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma, or equivalent, with one (1) year of experience with Equipment Control duties.
- Active Secret clearance required.
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements (e.g. IAT II Sec+ ce certification and Computing Environment [WIN7, WIN10, CCNA, etc.] certification)
We offer competitive compensation, remote work options, and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in both a professional office environment and a field environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers/photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines as well as military equipment. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The physical work requires the following physical activities: walking, bending, carrying loads, demonstrating the use of military equipment, reaching, sifting, lifting, hand dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
- Experience working in a DoD client services environment
- ITIL v3 certification