DecisionPoint/CORTEK is looking for a highly qualified Senior Business Analyst
with current OSD experience to support our team and government client, the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), in Arlington, VA. This opportunity offers the chance to work with some of the best and brightest IT minds in the Department of Defense and US Industry to develop and implement a Defense-Wide approach to infusing Artificial intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) technologies across the Department. The successful candidate will provide substantive support to the organization’s Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution organizational business processes. This support will include duties such as drafting and refining Issue Papers, building spend plans, working with the technical staff to define budget needs, POM, developing and implementing organizational processes, and coordinating the actions with other staff members. Because of the nature of the required duties, this position requires an individual with an understanding of DoD Acquisition and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) environment.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Drafts Program Objective Memorandum issues on behalf of the Government Leadership for review/approval.
- Drafts and refines Issue Papers on behalf of the Government Leadership for review/approval.
- Drafts correspondence on behalf of the Government Leadership for review/approval.
- Responsible for the creation of Spend Plans for review and approval by the Government Leadership.
- Work with the Engineers, Data Scientists, and other technical staff, plus the non-technical staff to collect and present the JAICs needs to the government, i.e. the early phase of a spend plan.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion often with deadline pressure
- Establish, document, and assist with implementation of organization wide business operations processes.
- Assist the Government leadership in coordinating tasks and information across the discrete work streams to ensure each work stream remains informed and aligned to the overall strategic vision and schedule.
- Coordinate joint efforts with other groups and offices and maintain accountability of all assigned tasks.
- Perform technical writing/editing, editorial consultation, proofreading, or overall documentation review for various documents, including acquisition, other program document, and technical papers, and correspondence.
- Ensure documents are prepared in the appropriate format and are free from grammatical errors.
- Assist other team members in other specialties as needed to accomplish the overall mission.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant field with eight (8) or more years of related experience.
Working Environment & Conditions
- Experience supporting a Chief of Staff for an OSD organization or as an executive officer to a Military Flag Officer or member of the Senior Executive Service is highly desired.
- Highly motivated professional and capable of managing demanding workload while prioritizing and managing competing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Strong organizational management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Advanced MS Word and PowerPoint skills; proficient Excel and Outlook application skills
- Ability to organize an office and establish operating rules and help enforce them.
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of data, files, tasks, schedules, and information
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion
- Familiarity with the Defense Acquisition System highly desired
- Strong knowledge of the Program, Planning, Budget, and Execution process highly desired.
- Experience with the creation of Program Objective Memorandums and Issue Papers is highly desired.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment