DecisionPoint/CORTEK is looking for a highly qualified Predictive Maintenance (PMx) Business Analyst
with current Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) experience to support TGS and our government client, the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), with its Predictive Maintenance (PMx) National Mission Initiative (NMI). The PMx NMI leverages Artificial Intelligence (AI) capability to improve military vehicle readiness and reduce costs by minimizing downtime for unscheduled maintenance.
This opportunity offers the chance to work with some of the best and brightest IT minds in the Department of Defense and US Industry to develop, implement, and transition Artificial Intelligence (AI) capability across the Department. The successful candidate will provide substantive administrative, business process, and programmatic support to PMx’s systems development efforts, bridging the gap between JAIC management and the PMx technical team. This support requires a deep understanding of the full software development life-cycle as well as experience on Agile software development projects. Additionally, because of the nature of the required duties, this position also requires extensive knowledge of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) organization as well as corresponding OSD-internal and external processes, and procedures.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and document standardized and scalable business processes, including processes for requirements gathering, leadership reporting, and knowledge management.
- Conduct project planning activities, including updating timelines and roadmaps, drafting concept papers and justifications, conducting high-level scope assessments, and identifying/mitigating project risk.
- Support implementation of the full software development life-cycle, including functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping, etc.), prototyping, user acceptance testing and deployment, training, and defining support procedures.
- Develop appropriate documentation across the software development life-cycle in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation, and other Department of Defense (DoD) Policy.
- Develop, organize, forecast, and maintain financial budgets and track PMx financial milestones.
- Create and coordinate budget and acquisition documents, including Unfunded Requirements, and provide input to the JAIC’s yearly Budget Estimate and President’s Budget submission.
- Record and manage PMx-related technical requirements, including conducting stakeholder interviews and collecting and analyzing relevant data to generate recommendations for prioritization.
- Develop communications, briefings, and customer training material related to PMx for JAIC-internal and DoD-wide consumption.
- Facilitate internal meetings, internal and external presentations, and requirements gathering sessions involving multiple stakeholders from different organizations.
- Prioritize conflicting needs and handle matters expeditiously and proactively; follow-through on projects to successful completion often with deadline pressure.
- Coordinate efforts with other JAIC groups and offices and maintain accountability of all assigned tasks.
- Assist other team members in other specialties as needed to accomplish the overall mission.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret/SSBI security clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with eight (8) or more years of related experience in program and business analysis, including process improvement, project management, and budget preparation activities.
- Background in the creation of acquisition/budget documentation in accordance with the FAR, DFAR, and DoD Policy, including: President’s Budget submissions, spend plans, high-level requirements overviews, business cases, etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of agile software development projects, including the creation of user stories, concept papers, agile testing requirements, as well as change management and project management methodologies, concepts, practices, procedures, and standards.
Working Environment & Conditions
- Experience planning and/or coordinating military logistics and supply chain activities.
- Experience planning, coordinating, and sequencing software/IT delivery tasks in an Agile software development environment.
- Highly motivated professional capable of managing demanding workload while prioritizing and managing competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Strong organizational management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Powerful analytical and problem-solving skills – including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Advanced MS Word and PowerPoint skills; proficient Excel and Outlook application skills
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion
- Experience with navigating the Pentagon’s processes is desirable.
- Experience with the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process is also desirable.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.