DecisionPoint/CORTEK is looking for a high performing candidate to fill an International AI Strategy Consultant
position supporting the nation's new initiative to coordinate the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) efforts across the Department of Defense. The AI Strategy Consultant
provides substantive support on National Defense Strategy to the Leadership of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), including a 3-Star Flag Officer in the Department of Defense. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated Strategy expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prepares briefing materials or written documents on topics based on the organizational need for the JAIC senior leadership. Audience may include DoD leadership, U.S. or International AI communities, White House, Congress, foreign governments, senior officials/flag officers, or others to be determined.
- Prepares briefings, talking points, position papers, and appropriate correspondence in support of JAIC officials’ interactions with foreign officials, and represents JAIC personnel in U.S. interagency and DoD meetings as directed.
- Supports the client in the development and implementation of international AI strategic initiatives related to U.S. strategic competitors.
- Coordinates across the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) components to ensure aligned messaging senior-level bilateral and multilateral meetings.
- Responds to DoD, interagency, and/or congressional taskers on JAIC’s international efforts and priorities, including drafting reports and responding to DoD-wide and JAIC internal taskers.
- Maintains effective working relationships with counterparts in the defense establishment, interagency environment, and with international partners to advance international AI policy initiatives.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with five (5) or more years of related experience in a relevant field
- Experience staffing senior-level DoD officials (or equivalent) to include drafting briefings and talking points for senior-level engagements.
- Professional experience related to China and Russia with a working proficient in Mandarin and/or Russian
- Occasional travel, including to overseas locations, may be required.
Working Environment & Conditions
- Demonstrated understanding of information technology (IT) and AI technology concepts, including but not limited to supervised and unsupervised machine learning, reinforcement learning, deep learning, AI safety, and test and evaluation of autonomous software systems
- Master’s Degree highly preferred
- Skills to plan and organize work, gather, analyze, organize, and present data and perform supporting analyses for senior DoD officials at a high level of quality in a time-constrained environment.
- Demonstrated experience advancing strategic policy initiatives within the federal government.
- Excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, and critical thinking.
- Strong organizational management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Powerful analytical and problem-solving skills – including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Exceptional MS Word and PowerPoint skills; proficient Excel and Outlook application skills.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.