DecisionPoint/CORTEK is looking for a high performing candidate to fill an International Agreements and Partnerships Program Analyst
position supporting the nation's new initiative to coordinate the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) efforts across the Department of Defense. The Policy Analyst provides substantive support on International Agreements and Partnerships to the Leadership of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), including a 3-Star Flag Officer in the Department of Defense. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated Policy, International Agreements and International Partnership expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Advises JAIC leadership and personnel on cooperative programs, regulations, and policies on international agreements, foreign disclosure, and export control matters, in coordination with international and security teams.
- With coordination across Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) counterparts, analyzes options based on DoD-wide policies on building partnership capacity with allies and friendly nations in support of defense technology and equipment for consideration for partnership with JAIC mission initiatives as appropriate.
- Assists with the preparation and negotiation of JAIC’s Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), project agreements (PAs), information/data sharing agreements/annexes, and other documentation as needed with foreign nations and international organizations.
- Participates in DoD and interagency processes used to evaluate the benefits and risks of proposed international agreements, foreign disclosure, and export control decisions prior to U.S. commitment.
- Identifies problems and develops innovative solutions such as improving DoD-wide process efficiencies, developing new approaches, and recommending policy and procedural changes.
- Prepares briefing materials or written documents on topics based on the organizational need for JAIC senior leadership. Audience may include DoD leadership, US or International AI communities, White House, Congress, foreign governments, Executives/Flag officers, or others to be determined.
- Prepares briefings, position papers, and appropriate correspondence in support of JAIC officials’ interactions with foreign officials and represents JAIC personnel in U.S. interagency and DoD meetings as directed.
- In conjunction with JAIC international team, plans and coordinates visits, meetings, conferences, and foreign travel for JAIC officials and mission initiative teams.
- Maintains effective working relationships with counterparts in the Defense establishment, interagency environment, and with international partners.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Active DoD-issued Top Secret/SSBI security clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with seven (7) or more years of related experience
- Expert knowledge of the methodology for the initiation and establishment of DoD international cooperative programs for research, development, production, and support.
- Expert knowledge of OSD(A&S)-related and OSD(R&E)-related international agreement development, negotiation, coordination, and approval laws, regulations, policies, and processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. export control laws, regulations, policies, and procedures including, but not limited to, a working knowledge of the Arms Export Control Act, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations, and associated USG export licensing activities.
- Knowledge of information technology (IT) and emerging technology concepts, capabilities, and trends.
Working Environment & Conditions
- Master’s Degree highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Strong organizational management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Powerful analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Exceptional MS Word and PowerPoint skills; proficient Excel and Outlook application skills.
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
- Knowledge of U.S. National Disclosure Policy policies and procedures desired.
- Proficiency to work effectively with a broad spectrum of DoD, interagency, and foreign nation government at senior and action officer levels.
- Skills to plan and organize work, gather, analyze, and present data and perform supporting analyses for senior DoD officials at a high level of quality in a time-constrained environment.
- Highly motivated professional capable of managing demanding workload while prioritizing and managing competing priorities.
- Experience with navigating the Pentagon’s processes and the military chain of command is desirable.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.