DecisionPoint/CORTEK is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a Strategy Consultant
position supporting the nation's new initiative to coordinate the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) efforts across the Department of Defense. The Strategy Consultant
provides substantive support on National Defense Strategy to the Leadership of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), including a 3-Star Flag Officer in the Department of Defense. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated Strategy expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supports the JAIC in driving DoD-wide implementation of the National Defense Strategy and the DoD AI Strategy.
- Supports the strategic planning organizational performance improvement efforts of the Joint AI Center.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis in written documents on topics based on the organizational need for the JAIC senior leadership. Audience may include DoD leadership, U.S. or International AI communities, White House, Congress, foreign governments, senior officials/flag officers, or others to be determined.
- Prepares briefings, talking points, position papers, and appropriate correspondence in support of JAIC officials’ interactions with interagency and DoD meetings as directed.
- Maintains effective working relationships with counterparts in the DoD and U.S. national security sector to advance the JAIC’s strategic objectives.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to obtain a DoD-issued Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field with five (5) or more years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in management consulting or corporate strategy roles for technology organizations.
- Experience in digital technology and software implementation efforts.
- Knowledge of digital technology and AI technology concepts, capabilities, and trends.
Working Environment & Conditions
- Master’s degree in business administration, public policy, or engineering preferred.
- Experience with navigating the Pentagon’s processes and the military chain of command is desirable.
- Exceptional MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Highly motivated professional capable of managing demanding workload while prioritizing and managing competing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Strong organizational management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Powerful analytical and problem-solving skills – including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Experience authoring and briefing reports for senior executives.
- Experience performing quantitative analysis.
- Experience in business process improvement.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.