|As an International AI Policy Analyst, you will provide substantive support on International Artificial Intelligence to the Leadership of the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), including a 3-Star Flag Officer in the Department of Defense. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated Policy and Artificial Intelligence expertise, superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success in support of the DoD’s Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) efforts.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinates across the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) components to ensure aligned messaging with international partners in senior-level bilateral and multilateral meetings.
- Responds to DoD, interagency, and/or congressional taskers on JAIC’s international efforts and priorities, including drafting reports and responding to DoD-wide and JAIC internal taskers.
- Maintains effective working relationships with counterparts in the defense establishment, interagency environment, and with international partners to advance international AI policy initiatives.
- Prepares briefing materials or written documents on topics based on the organizational need for the JAIC senior leadership. Audience may include DoD leadership, U.S. or International AI communities, White House, Congress, foreign governments, senior officials/flag officers, or others to be determined.
- Prepares briefings, talking points, position papers, and appropriate correspondence in support of JAIC officials’ interactions with foreign officials, and represents JAIC personnel in U.S. interagency and DoD meetings as directed.
- Plans and coordinates visits, meetings, conferences, and foreign travel for JAIC officials and mission initiative teams.
- Supports the client in the development and implementation of international AI policy.
- Active DoD-issued Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field and ten (10) or more years of related experience; Master’s Degree preferred
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Experience staffing senior-level DoD officials (or equivalent) to include drafting briefings and talking points for senior-level engagements.
- Skills to plan and organize work, gather, analyze, organize, and present data and perform supporting analyses for senior DoD officials at a high level of quality in a time-constrained environment.
- Experience planning and staffing international travel for senior-level DoD officials (or equivalent), including developing trip books.
- Experience with, or ability to quickly learn, DoD-wide processes and tools related to foreign visitors and foreign travel to include the Foreign Visitor Request (FVR) process and Aircraft and Personnel Automated Clearance System (APACS).
- Demonstrated experience advancing strategic policy initiatives within the federal government.
- Knowledge of information technology (IT) and emerging technology concepts, capabilities, and trends, highly preferred.
- Highly motivated professional capable of managing demanding workload while prioritizing and managing competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, critical thinking, and leadership courage.
- Strong organizational management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Powerful analytical and problem-solving skills – including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Exceptional MS Word and PowerPoint skills; proficient Excel and Outlook application skills.
- Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion.
- Experience with navigating the Pentagon’s processes and the military chain of command is desirable.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.