|As an Artificial Intelligence Specialist, you will join us in supporting the Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC) and the nation's new initiative to coordinate the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) efforts across the Department of Defense. You will provide technical expertise in the selection, evaluation, and scoping of AI projects, the use commercial AI technologies, the operationalizing products of government lab research, and emerging technologies in the field.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Evaluating data and problem statements for the appropriate application of a variety of AI algorithms, maintaining up to date awareness of applicable developments within the field and the practical requirements of their application to production data at scale.
- Holding meetings, interviews, field studies and discussions with mission users, customers, and co-workers to refine understanding of the underlying problem(s) at-hand to devise possible AI-enabled solutions.
- Working closely with product management and domain experts to translate mission user requirements into complete and feasible technical requirements for AI engineering and product development. Providing technical advice and assessments of project risk and viability, including data and technology readiness, in support of product and requirements development.
- Developing and demonstrating integrations of AI model development into software development pipelines to support secure, continued development and feedback from the field by integration into an AI DevSecOps pipeline bringing the most current industry best practices to DoD AI product development. Testing and demonstrating tools to integrate DoD and AI concerns into modern DevSecOps pipelines, such as Model as a Service (MaaS) deployments, multiple enclave / air-gapped network deployments, and model bias testing tools.
- Preparing presentations, writing reports, building demonstrations, writing instructional technical material, and working to communicate technical results, recommendations, and requirements and to decision-makers, technical co-workers, and JAIC-external contacts with awareness of the appropriate level of technical detail, analytic sophistication, and formality.
- Working independently and in a collaborative, dynamic, cross-functional environment with varied teams and projects.
- Active DoD-issued Secret level security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field and twelve (12) or more years of related experience; Masters’ Degree highly preferred
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Superior professional demeanor, and the ability to learn and accomplish a wide variety of day-to-day responsibilities that ensure program success.
- Deep systems engineering comprehension of the state of the art in large and small AI/ML implementations and the respective best practices and challenges.
- Powerful analytical and problem-solving skills – including the ability to develop solutions in new and creative ways.
- Ability to combine knowledge and expertise from diverse areas in new/unique ways to solve problems.
- Strong ability to lead disparate teams from different groups form consensus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to brief senior executives with little notice.
- Comfortable in a fast paced/dynamic environment.
- Ability to function in an action officer type role when needed.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.