As a Senior Network Security Engineer
, you will provide consultative guidance and expert-level support for ongoing network and network security operations. You will act as a contract lead for network operations, developing and documenting IT infrastructure requirements, conceptual designs and project execution strategies for our government client.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinating onsite efforts and reports results directly to the CIO or CIO designate.
- Designing wired and wireless local area networks (LANs), IP management, and Network security services.
- Overseeing the installation and management of circuit provisioning.
- Monitoring performance and usage parameters of WAN circuits.
- Designing, developing, and securing the test environments for all network services.
- Providing network and security engineering support for internal systems integration projects such as the cloud-based services, VOIP, virtualized infrastructure, server and storage environment.
- Developing and maintaining the physical and logical network design documentation, network diagrams, and security best practices.
- Responding to and remediating the efforts of malicious activity and intrusions as defined in the Incident Management process.
- Providing last tier support during normal business and after hours in critical network outage situations to provide quick resolution.
- Guiding and assisting junior staff with operational tasks and projects under the team portfolio.
Key Skill and Abilities:
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Secret security clearance
- Seven (7) or more years of hands-on network engineering experience
- Ten (10) of more years experience with LAN/WAN hardware including Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto, Load Balancing, cable and rack management
- Five (5) or more years of routing, troubleshooting engineering, and network architecture experience
- Five (5) or more years of experience analyzing, installing, configuring, enhancing and/or maintaining the components of an enterprise network
- Subject matter expertise in the areas of Routing, Switching, Remote access, Security Information, Event management, and Next Generation Firewalls with product specific knowledge of Cisco and Juniper Switches, and Palo Alto Networks Firewalls.
- Design, development and network/security implementation expertise with Microsoft Azure environments.
- Knowledge of network security best practices
- Ability to manage projects, take ownership and execute objectives in order to meet deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Deep understanding of network protocols - IPSEC, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Multi-link Point2Point, DHCP, SNMP, TCP, UDP
- VOIP experience preferred
- SD-WAN experience preferred
- Experience with ITIL, CMMI, and/or PMP processes and implementation.
- Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certifications preferred
We offer competitive compensation, remote work options, and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.