As a Mid-level Drupal/PHP Developer/Engineer
, alongside our Drupal team, you will assist in the planning, configuration and maintenance of the current Drupal 8 environment, working in support of the Department of State's Office of the Inspector General (OIG). You will also contribute directly to the Drupal team's continued efforts to develop, maintain, upgrade, migrate existing and new websites based on the Drupal CMS platform. This is an onsite opportunity based out of the OIG office located in Arlington, VA.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Integrating and modifying new and existing Drupal modules based upon the government client's website design requirements to achieve required functionality
- Integrating external components and/or cloud services such as website search services, content subscription services, reporting services, analytics and business intelligence services into the Drupal environment.
- Meeting with stakeholders to gather requirements for enhancing and/or modifying existing and migrated websites.
- Providing continuous, ongoing operational support (including performance issues such as website slowness, website availability, break fix) for existing and future Drupal environments including minor/major version upgrades, security patches, module updates and new module installations.
- Testing new softwares in a development environment, and following OIG processes to promote new code/software to the production environments.
- Researching, testing and recommending the implementation of new versions of Drupal as they are released, and recommending upgrade paths to OIG management.
- Utilizing a mature process to manage the software development and operations tasks by using various industry standard tools and processes such as software source code repositories, bug/issue tracking software and automated build/release and deployment tools.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Secret security clearance.
- At least six (6) years of experience with website architecture design, development, upgrade and migration.
- Demonstrated strong and current skills with selecting web hosting software with content management system (CMS).
- Hands-on experience architecting Drupal solutions for data, display and information architecture.
- Hands-on experience with Drupal CMS, Drupal headless, Azure hosting, web server configuration, database integration, public website security, DNS, integration with other applications and/or plugins, organizational branding.
- In-depth development and management with Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP stack.
- Deep understanding of Drupal 8 architectures and concepts such as Drupal core, modules (CTools, Views, Panels, etc.), and integrating Drupal with other external services such as social media tools, search engines, web analytics, reporting services, etc.
- Demonstrated strong and current skills with the DevOps methodology, WCAG/508 compliance, and web tools such as Fiddler, Firebug, Chrome Inspector, etc.
- Experience creating wireframes for user interface (UI) and user experience design (UX) for websites, experience using graphical design tools to create/manipulate images, PowerPoint presentations, posters, handouts, brochures etc.
- Demonstrated strong and current skills creating code using web frameworks such as but not limited to Bootstrap, Zurb, LESS, SASS etc.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms